Monday, February 25, 2013

Before & After - Daytime Smoky Eye



Daytime Smoky Eye.

I have an annoying sore on my chin that got infected as my son decided he'd pick it with his dirty fingers much to my dismay towards him touching my face at all he still managed to get his hands on my skin.
Covering it up I usually wouldn't recommend putting makeup on something that needs to heal. A tinted moisturiser should be mild enough to go over skin that needs healing. It's not a great idea to put concealer on it but if you must try a water based or oily concealer as a thicker more matte concealer will flake. But again I advise leaving it alone until it's healed.

EYES
Shadow - I used a mix of gold, yellow gold, brown, cream, white and charcoal. Focusing mostly on the lid with the cream and white closer to your inner eye. then outline in the crease of your eye with the gold hues as a base, blend over it with brown and charcoal hues. 
Eye Liner - Use liquid eye liner and draw on a small subtle line to create some contrast.
Mascara - Curl lashes then add your favourite mascara

QUICK TIP
For this look do your eyes first, you then can correct any mistakes you've made and wipe off any dark shadow that may have fallen under your eyes. This stops you from looking like you haven't slept for months!

FACE
Concealer - I'm a little addicted to concealer, green concealer has become my best friend as it hides my mummy bags that hang under my eyes and any red discolouration on my face. It's a great base for foundation to sit on and helps keep makeup on for longer.
Foundation - I use powder foundation as it isn't as harsh on my skin and it's light weight so I feel like I can breath. The only thing you have to watch with powder is that it can sit in any wrinkle and exaggerate the lines on one's face. Instead use a liquid foundation or tinted moisturiser then lightly go over with powder, this way you are using it to set the makeup.
Cheeks - I use bronzer as a blush closer to the spring as it gives a hint of sun kissed skin. If you decide to do this make sure it's one with no glitter pigments, 1, they can irritate the skin and two, it can sometimes appear like tinker-bell has had a party on your face, not the look you really want? Lightly brush along your cheek bones, try a gentle circular motion to blend it in for a more natural look. You don't want to use too much otherwise you'll look like you've been sucking on too many oranges.

LIPS
Try a tinted lip balm or gloss, a soft pink or cream goes well with this look. Remember if you have tanned or darker skin to always go for a shade that is lighter than your skin tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment